Monday, July 29, 2019

Birthday Paddles

Birthday paddles? It's not what you think. No spanking allowed!


We took our friend Cindy out on the river for her birthday this evening. A great night for kayaking. Mild temperatures and the wind wasn't too bad.


We saw wildlife right away! Yay. Took me quite a few shots to get Mr. Eagle in focus since there was some consistent wave action.


These two were probably my best bets. He didn't move at all. Just me!


Smile, birthday girl!


The guys were on a mission to paddle through the waves, too!


Then it was calm. I always stalk my lily pad pond, as I call it, to see if there are flowers opening up. Not my night for that. Not sure if it's that way all along the Wisconsin River right now. Maybe they have a "season" too??


Came across some other feathered friends, too.


Love that these ducks have purple on them! Pretty!




We also came across this unusual sight. A blue heron on the tippy top of a tree. Usually we see them walking along the shoreline or on a branch. Never just parked on top. Maybe he was watching the sunset?

We also saw the river view of the recent storm damage. Look how huge both of these uprooted trees are!


Pretty crazy stuff! Still lots and lots of cleanup to be done in the area, that's for sure.

After we came ashore by the Biron boat landing, we took the birthday girl to King Cone. Well, I guess we ALL celebrated there! Birthday paddles plus perks. My kind of celebration.

No comments: