Friday, July 26, 2019

Neither Rain nor Wind nor Bogeys


You probably don't believe me, but I was actually going to spend the day at work. In the office. Not gallivanting across the street to that golf tournament. Even if 8 players got down to 4 today for semifinal action this afternoon. Even if Fox Sports television crews were on the scene to broadcast this afternoon. And especially since it was raining periodically.

But someone convinced me to go – my boss actually – so we could build a crowd for the finals girls (and television cameras). Sounds good to me!


And we did create quite a crowd! I wasn't planning to follow these last two groups for 18 holes. Definitely not since I forgot my umbrella. But the leader all week – Yuka Saso of the Phillipines – was struggling and there was an upset looming. So despite looking like a drowned rat and walking in wet, squishy shoes, quite a few of us watch the drama between Saso and Jillian Bourdage unfold.

By the time they got to our signature hole, the clouds opened up again and we were huddled under the TV guy for some shelter. Doesn't help when wind and rain go sideways! But we just didn't want to miss out.



Hard to believe that we were hot at one point during the round and here, my friend Sharon and I are cold and wet. Just a tad.


Might be hard to see, but the last hole came down to putts from these very similar distances. Crazy how equally matched these girls were! Bourdage was 1 up at this point, parred the hole and pulled off the upset. Hurray for the girl with ties to Wisconsin (her mom is from here)!

Of course, hubby was watching on TV and texted me to get back to work. I said, "Oh, was I on TV?"


And here I am in the background at the conclusion. Probably not on screen longer than a milli-second, but just long enough to be reminded my hair looked like crap. Ha. Ah well. Still better than a day at the office, right?


Tonight I warmed up with fire and friendship. And colorful flames thanks to old Christmas lights our hosts Joe and Michelle had on hand. Always works like a charm.

Felt good to relax. The golf tournament does go one more day (catch it on FS1 from 1-3 pm Saturday), but our dance card is booked. And it may actually include dancing.

I guess I'll have to hold my autograph session another time. Stay tuned.

No comments: