Sunday, July 14, 2019

Get Ticked Off, Not Ticked On

'Cause I'd like to see you out in the moonlight
I'd like to kiss you way back in the sticks
I'd like to walk you through a field of wildflowers
And I'd like to check you for ticks.
Ticks, Brad Paisley


How can you not love a pun about wood ticks? Even if it starts you itching and scratching!

The only reason I was thinking about ticks today is because a dear friend has Lyme disease. When I saw him at church, he looked awful and apparently it was partially due to the pain and yuck of the disease – but also the medication that was making him feel worse. How awful! I feel badly for anyone who has to go through that!

Find Brad Paisley and let him check you for ticks!


This afternoon, since we were having a summer-like summer day, I decided to take a walk to get my sun and steps at the same time. Since it hadn't necessarily cooled off much by late afternoon, I did part of my walk on a trail through the woods just to be in the shade. This was a well worn trail so there really wasn't much grass or anything to walk through.

But apparently just enough. I was half a mile from home and I just happened to look down and there was a tick on my thigh. Oh nice!

I didn't kill him. I just threw him back in the ditch. I guess if Noah let two ticks on the ark, they must serve a purpose. Don't know it. But there must be one.

When I got home, I carefully took my shoes and socks off just in case a critter sneaked in. Nope. But there was one that made it all the way up my long legs and found it's way at the hem of my shorts. Yikes. Now that guy I took for a spin in the toilet. Sorry. I can't be nice to all of them.

Finally, after Brad Paisley was a no-show to check me for ticks, I let hubby off the hook and just took a shower. I still feel like there must be one crawling around in my hair or something.

At least if I start itching, scratching, and dancing around I'll get some more steps!

Maybe that was Noah's purpose.

No comments: