Tuesday, July 9, 2019

That Was Wild

It was a wild night at golf. And I don't just mean my swing! First of all, since our course is closed in preparation for the USGA Girls Junior Championship in 2 weeks, we had to do our work golf league at the Stevens Point Country Club instead.


I was driving there when I came across this overturned semi who couldn't quite make the curve to get onto I-39 south. Glad I was in the northbound lane. And, based on the number of emergency vehicles on the scene, several minutes after it happened!

I should blame that on shaking up my game but I can only blame myself. Yes, it's the 3rd new course for me in 4 days, but that doesn't mean I am getting any better at figuring out new setups, or figuring out my game, period. Still, I eked out one par dance anyway!

And we had some wild scenery...


Two turkeys who were not a sign that anyone in our foursome was getting a birdie.


Four sandhill cranes, too. Also birds. And also not signs we were getting any birdies. Just a disjointed night for our group. If there was one takeaway it's we should all golf with pink balls like I do so they're easier to find in the fescue. I didn't hit mine in it, but I did lose one in the water. Saw that one go in with two skips before it sank. Flair for distraction, my friends. It works. Doesn't change your score, but no one asks to look at your card either.

Guess we'll see how wild next Tuesday goes and if those birdies will show up in a manner to our liking.

No comments: