Thursday, July 18, 2019

It's Not the Heat... Oh it IS the Heat


I'm guessing I'm the only person who likes this pretty map. I mean coral and fuchsia are pretty colors, aren't they?

And I did take an oath in early June – when winter finally ended – that I wouldn't complain about the heat this summer. Plus, I like it! I actually do.

Tonight was muggy yes, but perfectly comfortable sitting on my swing and reading. Until the mosquitoes were going to carry me away, that is. Then it was back inside the meat locker... a.k.a. our house. I'm sure the AC is set at a normal level, but if you've learned anything about me – who turns on her electric mattress pad 360 days of the year – I like heat. It just envelopes me like a warm hug. And who doesn't need a hug today?

Tomorrow when it's at its peak, I likely won't want to hug any sweaty bodies, for the record.

Just be smart, everyone. In fact, start hydrating now. Hubby has a golf scramble at the crack of dawn and he's swinging through 36 hole before the day's over with. That's the plan. The cart girl is going to be very busy!

I'll be working but may take the afternoon off so I can come home and get some baking done while the mister is out. Yes, baking. I told you I like the heat. And you probably also know by now that I'm not right in the head.

Good thing I'm lovable.


No comments: