Thursday, July 25, 2019

Swinging at the Crack of Dawn


Sick of hearing about girls golf? Not me! It's just been such a neat week. It's like I'm getting a mega dose of my "daughter fix."

This morning I got up early not because I had to, but because I wanted to. Got to work at 7 a.m. so I could pop over the SentryWorld for an 8:03 a.m. tee time for my girl Maisie (above). Followed her for 3 holes and then headed back to the office.


She had just putted for birdie to go up 1, so I felt good about leaving (well, not good, but I had "real" work to do). I planned on catching her when she was getting to the last few holes. I monitored on the USGA site a bit and it was a back-and-forth battle.


In the end, a missed putt on both 16 and 17 were her undoing and it was match over. Always tough to see someone you're cheering for have to hug the winner and go home. Maisie's mom thanked me for my support (very sweet) and I gave Maisie a hug and told her to "stay amazing!" I'm sure she will.

After that, I figured I'd stay in the office all day. But something about this tournament keeps drawing me back across the street. It's that way for quite a few of us who love the game, play it when we can, and actually watch it on TV occasionally – on purpose. So I went back over there after 3 p.m. and got my photograph of the day.


This is Lei Ye of the People's Republic of China. Despite being in the sand here, she's been doing well this week and will be in the Final 8 match play round in the morning. Then, they really will be swinging at the crack of dawn. Something like 6:30 a.m.

Nope. Not going. Sleeping in and going straight to the office. I can't speak for the afternoon semi-final round. I may have to get one more fix before it's all over. You still have time to see this – and it's really, really good right now!

Stop in. It's free. Or stream it on Fox Sports (FS1) in the afternoon.

And maybe tomorrow I'll finally get around to looking at and sharing Jimmy Buffett photos! My life. Busy. So fun. So blessed.

No comments: