Monday, July 15, 2019

The Beat Definitely Goes On


When you read the words "The Beat Goes On" you can't help but think of Sonny & Cher. Well, if you're a certain age that is. Now, for the pretty much sold-out show in town tonight, the words mean an excellent performance by the traveling KIDS from Wisconsin group!

And it was fabulous! And I got an autograph from a celebrity. See that button? My girl Megan is now in her third summer touring with them. Since she was a little girl, I've watched her sing and dance. She's a natural. And she brings a lot to the show.


I took my friend Cindy since we both enjoyed the show last summer when they stopped in Rapids. The music covered every genre with a beat – from Sonny & Cher and Queen to Bruno Mars and Imagine Dragons. With pretty much everything in between. Just super cool singing, playing of instruments, and dancing. Very entertaining!

I didn't even bring my camera this time. I just wanted to enjoy it. Besides, my friend Kim (Megan's mom) got a nice camera last year and now she's following the tour and taking hundreds of photos. Here are a few of her recent shots of Megan...

Megan singing Stevie Nicks!

And Megan dancing around like she knows what she's doing. And she does!

They still have dozens of performances yet this summer. Check them out on their Facebook page or at their website (www.kidsfromwisconsin.org).

You'll definitely keep that beat going on!

No comments: