Saturday, July 13, 2019

First Step Down That Road


It doesn't seem that long ago that we were starting all the "lasts" of Carter's senior year of high school. Of course, the first step down that road was realizing there are "firsts" with the "lasts" – like first time getting senior pictures taken!

Today I started my slate of senior portrait sessions with a super nice kid who I've had the pleasure of watching grow up in my church. His mom is also sisters with another close friend of ours so they feel like family.

I give the parents props for holding it together today. I think that may change when they see a few sample pictures. It usually occurs to them then that their baby is growing up and looking all adult-ish!

It was a great shoot today with Trent. Cloudy sky so no squinting. And fun with some sports pictures mixed in with the more standard stuff. Just a few skeeters (more than a few) but that was it for challenges!

Got home in early afternoon and walked around the lake with one of our neighbors. Showered and headed to a graduation party for another kiddo whose pictures I got to take a year ago at this time. I will miss seeing my sweet Nicholas around school and at sporting events! But I adore his sisters – and his parents – so I should survive the road to adulthood pretty well.

In the case of both of these "boys," they are the first to travel down that road and they both leave behind two younger sisters to keep the nest full at home. Still. There's just something about baby boys that grab hold of our hearts.

For a very long time. It's all gonna be good though. Moms, it's actually going to be great!


No comments: