Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Another Season on the Score Card


Much like the groundhog – or perhaps the gopher in Caddyshack – once you see long shadows on the golf course, you know there's just a few more weeks of golf league left.

Tonight ended up being my last night. I was subbing for someone tonight who, in turn, will sub for me next week when I'm out of town for work. We got lucky with summer-like weather. And I got lucky on a few shots, too. But not enough.

Still, what a fun season. I'm privileged to get to golf on such a gorgeous, well-maintained course. And this year especially when it was at the height of perfection for the USGA Girls' Championship. Pretty amazing.

If you haven't golfed SentryWorld this year, there's still time. We'll officially "close the course" with the Close the Course Run/Walk and Family Fall Festival on November 9. That's a fun day of events, too!

Doubt I'll get out anywhere again this fall unless hubby and I have a free morning or afternoon – at the same time. During my round tonight, I just kept thinking, at least I won't golf any worse than this the rest of 2019.


Plus, you can't beat the scenery! Always gotta find the positive, right? Fore!

No comments: