Thursday, September 12, 2019

Rain Delay and Deluge


Blame me for saying my summer flowers could use some rain. I mean I know so little about anything plant-related that I forget it's logical for "summer" flowers to wither away. Unless you really, really care for them and water them.

Well, this might be too much water.

We had crazy rain yesterday that made my morning commute pretty stressful. Today it didn't start up in earnest until I got to work. Then not really until tonight... when we had a football game!

Hubby was there and reported that first lightning delayed the start. Then well, they just figured that instead of standing around under Royal blue umbrellas all night they should just postpone the game. So now it's going to continue on Saturday at 1 p.m. – right in the middle of the first quarter with Assumption already down a touchdown.

Between now and then we're in a flood watch (and warnings closely to the south). Plus... heavy rainfall from thunderstorms with the potential for hourly rainfall rates of 1 to 2 inches per hour. Yup. We need that, don't we?

So we'll see if Friday night football (for Nekoosa) will be a thing or not.


For now, it's colorful, but not pretty! Be careful out there.

No comments: