Monday, September 2, 2019

My Next Paid Holiday is Thanksgiving


I don't just think of Labor Day as the end of summer, I think of it as the last paid holiday until Thanksgiving. That's 86+ days or 12-ish weeks. And that's why I get everything I can out of this three-day weekend!

Today, I got a walk in, some de-cluttering/discarding done, visited my hair artist (because some people do work on Labor Day), then joined hubby and whole bunch of fans watching our nephew Colin race at Golden Sands Speedway.

Our weekend schedules didn't match up to well this summer so I'm glad we got to see him compete today in the last race for the Tundra Series. There were 28 cars in the marathon feature. It was 108 laps and took about an hour thanks to all the cautions. I was surprised no one ran out of gas. Or maybe they did since they only had 21 finish.


So proud of Colin. He had fast qualifying time today. Then during the feature, he started in 11th and worked his way up to finish 5th! That was a very good finish for a crazy race. So glad he and his car are in one piece and avoided all the "mishaps."


It was a glorious day so I did take a ton of pictures. Since I had time and all. I won't post one from each lap or anything! Just a few.




Now it's early to bed and back to reality tomorrow. Work for us and for Mr. College, it's back to school! Sleep tight, everyone!

No comments: