Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Kicking Grass and Stuff

Well hello there. Just checking in. This is a pretty busy week. I say that and it’s only Tuesday! This is how September goes. Super busy trying to get all the school sports shot for high school and middle school yearbooks and the district website, etc.

So last night was 4 hours and a crazy amount of pictures of middle school, JV and Varsity volleyball. Went through the varsity images and then went to bed since it was almost 11 p.m. Way past my bedtime when I had to get up early!

Had to work early today so I could get out this afternoon and head down to Sand Valley. Sounds like I’m a regular there now. But still NO golfing. This time for tennis. What? Yup, they have one of the largest public grass court facilities in the U.S. Who knew?

So today Assumption hosted the Marshfield Catholic school and played on grass. Their version of Wimbledon in Wisconsin, I guess. Very cool to shoot. And what a treat not to have a fence in the way. I only got hit by the ball once! And that was on my backside when I turned to chit-chat with the crowd. My bad.

Naturally, since I was at SV, I had to venture up the hill again to Craig’s Porch with some girlfriends and yes, had one of their famous ice cream sandwiches. Hey, a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do. Plus, if you can believe it, it was hot out. And I was hot from climbing sand mountains to get between the courts.

Justified.


I also earned this beautiful Sand Valley sunset. I think we all deserve that!

No comments: