Sunday, September 29, 2019

Perfect Sister Setting


Home safely after another enjoyable Wild Women's Weekend in the wild! Well, in the northwoods. More specifically, Sarona. Never heard of it? Well it's in the Rice Lake-Spooner-Birchwood region of the Wisconsin. And we were on Long Lake (one of many in the state, I'm sure.)

Nope. Mom wasn't with us for the weekend. I did get to have lunch with her in Rice Lake on the way. And she did get to see where we were staying, too. We oooh-ed and ahhhh-ed over Eagle Bay Lodge and pointed out we'd never stayed at such a big and beautiful space for our sister weekend!


You can see by the kitchen area alone how gorgeous the interior is.


Plus, a ton of gathering areas that could seat all 7 of us – the 4-season porch here plus about 4 family room/living room type area. And there were enough bedrooms most of us got our own! Nice. Wow. Crazy amazing.


And we were on the lake, too! Little too windy to kayak or paddle boat, but it was so calm Friday evening that the lake surface served as a mirror. Really cool.


I mean really, really cool!!!

The only disappointment was that there was no fall color yet. None. But we were grateful the weather was mild – super sunny and nice on Saturday – and waited to rain until today on our travels home. Got home in time to go to a senior photo shoot that I ended up canceling due to rain. And in time to get to King Cone before they close for the season tonight. And in time to see my pathetic Vikings lose the the Bears. Yep. It's not always worth it to see your team on TV!

I'll have to tell you about some of the activities and scenery we enjoyed – especially a game I kind of, sort of invented. But for now, I need to spend time with hubby, my recliner, and my comfy bed!


No comments: