Sunday, September 8, 2019

Bye Bye Birdies


In our house, we got to kick off the 2019 NFL season today. And it wasn't your typical Sunday. As I've mentioned before, being on a purple island in the middle of Wisconsin comes with more than its share of challenges. One of them is rarely televised games since the cheeseheads get first dibs. So I was glad that Green Bay team and that Chicago team already did their dance on Thursday night. That meant ...


Yup. Purple on. Feet up. Game Day!

It was good to put my feet up after a busy non-sitting day yesterday and a full morning at church for the God's Work, Our Hands community work day. It was pretty successful. We had enough teams of volunteers to make a difference at 10 different sites – from scraping windows and painting for the elderly to sprucing up our neighborhood school entrance. And lots of projects in between.

I got home at almost 1 p.m. but was able to "rewind" to the beginning of the Vikes-Falcons game (God bless technology) so I didn't miss anything. And there was a lot to see! SKOL! I didn't even mind that my fantasy football QB was performing horribly – because he is Matt Ryan and was playing against the Vikings. Ha. Vikings win: 28-12. Bye, bye, birdies!

Although I got a walk in at halftime and was doing some laundry, I felt pretty comfortable in my recliner under my Viking blanket. Sort of set the stage for my productivity the rest of the day. Which was... slim to none. I was sitting there when hubby came home from golfing and didn't even have the energy to make up a good excuse for being lazy.

It's called Sunday. Football season. Let's SKOL!

No comments: