Sunday, August 9, 2020

Saturday Showers Bring Sunday Flowers

 

Well last night's storm did not knock out power at our house, but it did knock off some branches. Must have been quite the driving rain because a couple of branches like this one were driven 3 or 4 inches into the ground. Yikes. Our rain gauge recorded nearly 1 1/2 inches overnight. My flowers will live to see another day!

Speaking of flowers... It's sunflower season. It's such a short season that I actually asked one of my senior portrait victims, er customers, if I could please, please take pictures of her in my friend's field. She said yes and we had a successful, perfectly cloudy though crazy humid afternoon. Pretty awesome!

Again, just like I did when Carter has his taken, the moms catch the action (and me) on camera... with my camera. In this case, I'm proud to say that the mom saw this...


And I captured this...

Like I said, a very successful afternoon. And I'll just keep focusing on the flowers because I can't cope with the fact that this little girl that I've adored since forever is a senior this year. My little Sammy girl is growing up! Can't wait to resume our previously scheduled shoots this Tuesday and Wednesday!

I also had a family photo session tonight, too, for some friends of ours who have a daughter going back to college this week. I'm so happy when people realize they don't need a special occasion for family pictures. Take advantage of the fact that everyone is together and healthy TODAY! 

And for heaven's sake. Have some fun with it!

Love these people! What a great day. Thanks for the Sunday flowers – and friends, God.


No comments: