Sunday, August 16, 2020

Summer Breeze

Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowin' through the jasmine in my mind
(Song by Seals and Crofts)

It was one of those perfect weather-type summer days. We had mostly sunny skies, a high around 80 degrees, and a nice summer breeze. Perfect recipe for a few hours of paddling on the river.

Went with our neighbors and had a relaxing time. Even though Mike and Cindy saw tons of eagles their last time out, the wildlife was sparse today...


This guy didn't even sit there long enough for me to get close to him before he flew off.


Meanwhile, Mr. Ugly here didn't move at all when I paddled close by. Look at this claws.


I mean seriously, turtles are ugly and scare the crap out of me.


And he just hanging on here by his big belly. But who am I to cast stones?


Finally seeing more white and yellow flowers on lily pads. None met my criteria for a great picture, though. High standards. Ha.


Well there's mister eagle again, flying way too high for me to get a good look at him.


I think he was rolling his eagle eyes at these seagulls, er river gulls, who were acting silly by the sand bar.


A pontoon full of fun seekers was parked there and they were tossing something the gulls seemed to enjoy.

We kept our distance and paddled around them. I wasn't wearing a hat today and I know how gulls love to poop. Everywhere!

It was a great summer afternoon in my Happy Place with happy people. You can't beat that.


No comments: