Monday, October 19, 2020

Apples to Apples

 

When the wake-up temperature is well below freezing, you know there's gonna be some baking going on at some point. I mean what better way to warm up the house than the smell of baked apples and cinnamon?



So tonight between work and the return of The Voice, I chopped up 4 cups of apples – fresh off neighbor Gordy's farm. Mixed them up with some of my tasty Saigon Cinnamon. Placed them on the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Then sprinkled a yellow cake mix on top of them, followed by 3/4 cup of melted butter.


Then baked it in a 350-degree oven for 30-40 minutes. It smelled SO good. Guess how it tasted?


Even without caramel frosting – which I had on hand for some reason – it was quite delish! Not that I needed any treats after the weekend. I really just needed warmth. And to use up the apples before they went bad. They were fine and I still have more in case the cold weather continues.

Forecast looks like I'll more than apples to get through tomorrow. Some four-letter word that's not rain, wind or cold.

How do you like dem apples?

No comments: