Sunday, October 4, 2020

Fall Family Fun

You can see from this photo from my walk around the lake tonight that central Wisconsin is still lacking in fall color. I was bummed about that since I had a family photo session today. We really wanted pretty leaves. 

We got sun (not a photog's favorite thing) and cool air instead. But thankfully no rain. Met my friend and her family at Schmeeckle Reserve in Stevens Point – just across the street from work. Well, that building I worked in some 212 days ago. Tons of cars so we could see it was a popular destination today. 


It was great seeing my former co-worker! And we took advantage of what color we could to get some family pictures. They're all cuties so, you know, pretty easy to make pictures look good! 

After our session, I stayed in Point to meet up with some family I haven't seen in, oh, maybe three decades. Seriously.

As it happens, my cousin's daughter (I call my second cousin though hubby says first cousin once removed) from Grantsburg has a son going to college at UW-Stevens Point. I don't think I've seen her since she was a toddler. We're connected on Facebook, though, and I told her to let me know if she was ever in the area since Point is only a half hour from Rapids. Today, when she messaged me she was heading to Point, I excitedly replied, "I'm here right now!"

So I met Rachael for lunch, along with her son and daughter, who she was taking back to school at Ripon. 


It was such a great visit! And now, she can take some comfort that there is family in central Wisconsin for her kids – 3 and 5 hours from home, but only 30 and 90 minutes from me. Just in case.

Got home and walked around the lake with my neighbor around the bend. Then chilled out with hubby. Reveling in the Vikings' win. No, not really. Two winless teams... someone had to break their streak! My fantasy football team insists on avoiding the win column like it's COVID. Sigh.

Stick with what you know, Robyn. Writing and making trifles! 


No comments: