Thursday, October 8, 2020

Eco Break

 I can always gauge how busy my workday was by looking at my FitBit. Did I get a chance for walk breaks to build up to my daily goal of 10,000 steps? Or was I chained to my desk with projects and meetings? 

Today at 5 p.m., I'd recorded 852 steps. And no, I'm not a professional sloth. Just seems like that! 

So instead of a "bio break" – how grownups say potty break – I took an "eco break" to enjoy the great outdoors.


For beauty this time of year, I had to look no further than the back yard for this towering inferno. It's it gorgeous? 


That didn't get me many steps so I ventured down the road and through the woods to snoop on some tree clearing work going on. Saw this weird dead thing hanging. Looked cool, though. So you know I had to take a picture. 

It was pretty awesome being in the woods by myself. Except for the part I was hoping to find my way home. I did! It was just a slow 2,000-step process.


Back to the front yard and pretty tree there. There must be some hungry insects or maybe a disease because all of the leaves have at least one hole in them. I suppose they're like humans. We might look pretty on the outside, but we all have at least one thing (or person) missing in our lives. Don't we?


That's when you look up. You'll always find more beauty, blessings and answers there. If you don't believe me, you might just need an eco break yourself.

Your soul – and FitBit – will thank you.


No comments: