Friday, October 30, 2020

Frosty Friday

It wasn't really that nice out today. Sure, Sylvester enjoyed a window seat for a bit, but it was still only in the 30s. But it somehow went from window open (albeit briefly) to... 

Hand warmers in pocket and players seeing their breath at the football game tonight.

On the plus side today, it was my 3-year anniversary at my current job (time flies when you're having fun) and we all got the afternoon off – as a United Way thank you, not in appreciation of my existence there. 

So while I would've liked a nap in the sunshine like kitty, I went to a massage therapist and had some trigger point work done on my neck and shoulders. There was a lot of knots and he did a lot of digging and still couldn't get them all out. He said he's never spent a whole hour on someone working on just their shoulders. And not necessarily getting anywhere. Yup, I am a piece or work.

The other plus was that it was senior night tonight for Royals football and other fall sports – plus a sendoff of sorts for the girls cross country team competing at state tomorrow.

On the negative side, the temp was about 27-29 at the game tonight. So I was cold and my camera was cold. My camera doesn't like to cooperate when it's cold, so I didn't get much in the way of pictures and actually headed home at halftime to watch the rest of the game online. 

Unfortunately, the other negative is that we were handed our first loss of the season. Pacelli had a stellar second half and defeated us 55-22. Uff da. One more regular season game to go! 

Let's see if our season will finish as hot as my mattress pad is right now. Gotta go! Good night.

 

No comments: