Monday, October 26, 2020

Wake-Up Call


I was hoping this pre-Halloween winter wonderland business was just a bad dream. But nope. Still there upon waking.

But you know why I thought it was beautiful? I didn't have to drive in it. (Thanks, Corona.)

Honestly, despite a sunny morning, it wasn't until almost noon when the driveway and road surfaces were clear. Thank goodness so I could take a walk. I mean it was just out to the mailbox and back, but still, that counts for, oh, nearly 200 steps round trip. Hubby took a legit walk before I got up. And yes, it's a good time to dig out the "trackers" for the bottom of our shoes and boots. A little slick out there.

I don't think either of us will even think about stepping out in the morning as our weather app is warning us the low will be about 19 degrees tonight.

Yes, your calendar is correct. It's still October. And we're just over a month into autumn.

And yup, I know it's against Midwest etiquette to grip about winter before Daylight Saving Time ends. I can hold a few days.

Hot coffee and my electric mattress pad will be me through. This time.


No comments: