Saturday, December 9, 2023

Country Christmas

The locals know there's a big rock outside of Rudolph that gets painted and repainted for every new important event – from weddings to memorials to parties. Pretty much the rule is if it's on the rock it must be important. And today's Rudolph Country Christmas is all of that!

We've been there a few times but this year we were going to be part of the parade, riding in the wagon with the rest of the guitar choir, singing Christmas carols. 

But first we had to check out the marketplace they set up on Main Street. Which might not actually be called Main Street now that I think about it.


Our friends the Fullers were the entertainment for the afternoon.


I spied two elves that I happen to know from school. I usually see them dressed in basketball gear, but the elf costumes were cute.


There was a pair of reindeer there. This guy is questioning why everyone loves Rudolph and not him.


Rudolph says: "Because this town is named after me!" 


Lots of pretty decorations set up, including this tree from our friends at Moccasin Creek.


I managed to get a minute with Santa to plead my case and he was thankfully all about mercy and grace. Ha.


I got back to the entertainment tent and my hubby was already on stage, so to speak, singing some Eagles song!

I'm thankful that by the time the parade started, they could transfer that magical fire pit onto our float. Because it was non-stop snow/rainy stuff. And windy. There were at least 20 of us on the float singing so we were squished together and it didn't feel that cold.


But when the parade was done, I was freezing. And it didn't help that I sat on a wet bench for the parade and my pants and long underwear were wet. And somewhat frozen. I was so cold. We just headed straight home afterwards with the heat blaring. 

Got home and got dry clothes on. Got part of a Hallmark movie in but I really need to get into my heated side of the bed pronto. 

Country Christmases aren't for sissies, that's for sure! Hope you got a chance to check it out!

No comments: