Saturday, December 23, 2023

Un-seasonable Season's Greetings


When I was heading home from book club this morning, I noticed it was unseasonably warm for the day before Christmas Eve. So I stopped at Kwik Trip and got my car washed. Who wouldn't? I have friends in Minnesota who even golfed today. Jealous but glad we both took advantage of the unseasonable season's greetings!


And so did hubby. Here he is grilling some brats outside on Christmas Eve eve at the same time he's testing out the snowblower, of course. It's being finicky. In the months to come, we'll need that a heckuva lot more than the grill.


While he was doing that I made the third version in 10 days of a peppermint bark trifle.

I also got the ham going. But based on the party in our front yard, I could've gone with turkey!


We had a good meal and great time with the Austin clan. My father-in-law appreciated the humor in his personally autographed (via my PhotoShop skills) picture of a certain celebrity he does not like. She takes too much focus off of football!


He did enjoy seeing his great-grandkids – as we all did.


The annual cousins picture is missing two of the tall ones – Casey and Carter – but still looks pretty cute because Colin and Clay certainly are! It was fun having little Mya and Eli here, too.

Pretty sure Sylvester wasn't a fan, but I give them props for trying! At least she didn't hiss, just ran away and hid under our bed a bit.

It was just nice. And we have leftovers for tomorrow night when we feed 2/3 of our offspring after our afternoon church choir "gigs". I just say gigs so the kiddos think we're popular. 

Enjoy your Christmas Eve eve and Eve!!

No comments: