Sunday, December 10, 2023

Family Christmas Number One

It was a white family Christmas Up North today. Well, the 4-hour commute was a bit icy and dicey in many spots, that's for sure. 


Still, we made sure to take a longer route so we could stop and see Dad.


Got to the Siren Senior Center a bit after 1 p.m. Saw this sign right away and I'm not sure who brought it, but I'm sure it was appropriate!


Had time for a little Sequence before lunch. Mom's got her game face on, that's for sure!


I made a Peppermint Bark Trifle for dessert and it stayed intact for the drive!


Did I need to make dessert? Turns out, not really. But you can never have to many desserts. Can you?

Speaking of sweets, our sweet boy Carter did a video call so Grandma could see him and his aunts, uncles and cousins, too! Virtual hugs just have to do sometimes, I guess.


Lots of littles there today. Got to meet my new great-nephew Arlo, who's about 6 months old.


It took a minute for Kloey and Nils to share. Do most 17-month-olds share? Not really!


They just need more blocks! Then it was easy to share! Such cuties!


Speaking of cuties... had to get my annual selfie with the niece who made me an aunt! Love my Car-Car.


The "Best Dressed" award should got to my great-nephew Michael who came straight from a hockey game.


Looks like a cut-throat game of UNO!


I still maintain I'm one of the tallest aunts. It just doesn't look like that when I'm paired with these two!


My twin loved the blanket I crocheted for her! It was my Hallmark-movie-multi-tasking project!


And look what she found for me – a fox decoration and fox sox! Love them!


My great-niece Millie says "I'm the No. 1 Lego tower builder!"


Somebody had to get those Packers sunglasses (I got at the game) out of my house! I told Nell she couldn't wear them since she wears glasses. "I can make it work!" And she did.


Mom and her twinsies!


Lene and I trying to prove that we're LADIES! 


Mom and her 8 R's! Hopefully someone got one where we're all looking at the same camera AND smiling!


And some of us were smiling at the end of the day! We did have to resort to watching some of the Vikings-Raiders game on a phone. But it was worth it to see the final few minutes. With a final score of 3-0, it must not have been very pretty to watch on the big screen anyway!

Hubby and I got home safely at 10 p.m. Roads were much better on the drive home. I mean, that's my opinion as a passenger both ways. Thanks for driving, sweetie! 

And thanks for another great Christmas celebration, family! 🎄

No comments: