Thursday, December 21, 2023

Winter Soul-less

The worst part about Winter Solstice is that it's considered the FIRST day of winter – even though we've already had plenty to go around. That's the "soul-less" part of soul-stice. The best part, of course, is that the days will start getting longer now. Early morning and late afternoon commuters unite!

The other "best" part is that today was the last day in the office for a lot of us who are using our PTO for a winter break! So of course we had to celebrate with some holiday holi-grazing!

For me, that means bringing in a holiday trifle. I pretty much replicated my Peppermint Bark Trifle I took Up North to my family Christmas. Since everyone brought something, I actually have some left over that I'll have to suffer through on my day off tomorrow before I create a similar one for Saturday's Austin family Christmas here!

We also revealed our writing team secret Santas with a final gift. That was fun. I had one of the guys I've worked with since Day One and gave him plenty of treats and sarcastic stickers that fit both of our personalities. For the second year in a row, one of our newer writers had me. Besides the amazing fox ornament I shared last week, I got this touching card yesterday...


And a few other nice things! It really can be the most wonderful time of the year if you focus on positive words of encouragement plus the fact there's not snow on the ground to create hazardous travel. And obviously, the fact the days are getting longer. Yay!

We got this!

No comments: