Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Getting Cocky about Vacation


Turns out that even if you don't wake up when the colorful cock crows, you still can cross paths with him later. And I did. 

Even though I (and not just me) stayed in bed until after 9 a.m., I wasn't feeling guilty about it. Until I decided to take a lunch time walk and realized the farm neighbor's roosters probably attempted to wake me and the crack of the dawn! 


And the evil-eyed farm cat confirmed I was the neighborhood slacker!

But then I ran into Mr. Elf in their front yard and he was clearly asking: "What was in that eggnog/!" So I felt vindicated that I was just relaxing on Christmas vacay. As one should!

Carter had lunch with one of his high school friends but we had dinner together tonight at Jennings. Their Mac & Cheese Wednesday special included Smokey Cheddar cheese sauce topped with deep fried chicken tenderloins drizzled with a maple garlic sauce! We both agreed: SO GOOD!

In case you're wondering why we deserved such a delicious meal, we both were stripping wallpaper in the main bathroom to rid our house of the last of it. And we ran into the same problem as the kitchen. We think layer of backing is clinging to the drywall. So we'll see what we can get rid of there and in our master bedroom to rid the house of wallpaper once and for wall, er all!

At least we accomplished something on break. No promises for the rest of the week.

Let's all finish strong, 2023!

No comments: