Friday, December 29, 2023

TGIF (Thank God It's Frosty)

Even though we had very few places to go this week, I've appreciated the mild weather, clear roads, and waking up to frosty trees instead inches of snow (or ice). Very non-traditional Christmas stay-cation, but I'll take it.

No much on the agenda today. While it ended with Hallmark movies per usual, it started out different. Went to the chiropractor this morning and then Jim and I hit the road to Stevens Point for the Sentry Classic basketball tournament at the university.

Our Royals took on the No. 1-ranked Almond-Bancroft squad. They were tall and talented. We just tried to stay within 20 points. Not the best game, but oh did that fieldhouse have nice lighting! I noticed from tip-off that I wouldn't have to spend hours color-correcting photos before uploading them. Yay.

And hopefully Saturday night will be "yay!" for the Royals. If you're looking for something to do, they play back at the Quant Fieldhouse at 8:30 p.m. versus Pacelli. That's so close to my bedtime! Reminds of bands that start at 9 p.m. – who is up that late?!?

So I'm old. No argument there. We'll see what we end up doing. I have 3 more days (only!) of not setting an alarm. I suppose I could live it up. If high school hoops counts. 

I say it does.

Enjoy your own exciting last weekend of 2023!

No comments: