Thursday, January 3, 2008

Mark your calendar

What New Year's ritual wouldn't be complete without the hangin' o' the new calendar? They have so many to choose from these days -- it's really kind of fun to hunt down something that reflects your personal interests or sense of humor.

At home, I've stood by my lighthouse theme for the kitchen calendar. For something new, I was excited to get a Grey's Anatomy calendar for work. Unfortunately, I learned yesterday, that it is too big for the wall by my desk. I have stupid lights hanging in the way and a stinkin' shelf that is just a few inches too low. I was crushed.

Fortunately, I found a good home for it. Unfortunately, I am now stuck using my Mills Fleet Farm calendar we picked up while Christmas shopping. Trust me, with ads for paint and animal health products, there'll be no day McDreaming over this one. Perhaps it will be the best thing for my productivity at work.

There is one spot of good news, though. You'll be happy to know you'll be educated this year -- thanks to my "word a day" desk calendar (read: blog material!). I might just have to tear off the sheet each day, too, and take it home so Carter will be well prepared for the Spelling Bee this year!

My other calendar on my desk is my Sisters calendar, which flips up a new inspirational quote each day. Since there are no year dates tied to it, I have re-used it for the several years since I got it from one of my sisters (naturally).

The two calendars are not necessarily compatible for blog material, however. Today, for example, the word "canker" does not tie into the quote: "Love doesn't try to see through others, but to see others through."

We'll try it again another day ... there's still a bunch of them left in 2008!

No comments: