Thursday, January 24, 2008

This week in Carterland

I've said before that when I have a crazy and somewhat stressful week, I just need to recall a few Carterisms and it brings a smile to my face. Hopefully, it will do the same for you.

Just the facts: Carter was so excited to bring home his new library book, Every Minute on Earth (Fun Facts that Happen Every 60 Seconds). "Did you know a car traveling 60 mph travels one mile in one minute?" Yup, we know that one. "Did you know 10 adult elephants can produce one pound of poop per minute?" Now that's the kind of facts 4th-grade boys live for!

Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs: OK, here's some logic that's hard to argue with. Carter was acting all cranky (grumpy even) for much of the day so Daddy finally asks him, "If you were one of the 7 dwarfs, which one would you be?" Without missing a beat, Carter responds, "The third one." It makes so little sense, we both just had to laugh.

Mr. Popular: When I called my parents the other day, I had Carter dial so he could talk to Grandpa and Grandma first. After 20 minutes -- and after he'd talked to both of my parents and two of my sisters who were visiting them -- he hands me the phone. There was no one there. They'd already hung up. Now I know where I stand!

Humor me: Carter said if I needed a good joke to tell my friends at work this week, I should try this one: "Why did the math book go to the psychiatrist? ... Because he had problems."

Never a dull moment in Carterland!

No comments: