Monday, May 7, 2012

Baseball Weather

Finally, Mother Nature blessed us with some baseball weather!! Carter didn't get to play at all last week so I was hoping he wasn't getting too rusty. He was. But just a little bit.

We hosted Auburndale this afternoon. Even though the photo conditions were ideal, I didn't take many pictures. Auburndale's uniforms are pretty much exactly like ours with royal blue on top and gray pants. It was just too confusing. I remembered who to cheer for most of the time.
It was an exciting game. For Carter's part, he struck out once, popped out once and walked once. So at least he got to do some base running. No mistakes playing second base either.

For the team, they were down 0-1, then tied it with a steal home from Carter's classmate Brady who was on fire tonight with awesome pitching! We went head 2-1. Then they went ahead 3-2. In our last at bat, we finally tied it... and, with bases loaded, brought in the winning run. Fun stuff.



Stopped at Culver's on our way to support our church confirmation camp fundraiser. And grab some supper, of course. Carter got a meal, hubby got large fries and I got a Mint Oreo Concrete Mixer. What? I have to support the kids!

I can't even use the excuse that I walked it off today. Figures that 6 days into my challenge, the battery on my pedometer went dead. So I lost all steps today but thankfully they could record my May 1-6 steps, which did average 5 miles a day, thank you very much.

Now I have a new battery (plus a backup) so I better get off the computer and get moving!

No comments: