Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fawn-Tastic!

I am sure I may speak on behalf of my sister Rayna when I say that we are both Foto Freaks! We are always looking at the world through a real or virtual lens, and when we are lucky, we capture our vision on film. Well, on a memory card these days.

She travels a lot so she gets a lot of unique photographs. Every time I see them, I am inspired to try harder. Sure, we're both a little obsessed. But your world would be so boring without our images to view. Right??

Last spring, we had two deer born on our grounds at work and they were hanging out in a courtyard area for a day, mostly oblivious to the dozens of onlookers on the other side of the glass. I made sure I brought my camera in the following day and, typical for a photographer-wannabe, the deer had deerly departed to the woods.

Today, when I found out we again have a pair of fawns in the courtyard this year, I got lucky. Thanks to my handy dandy Black Friday Purse Camera, I didn't have to wait a day and keep my fingers crossed. I could go shoot them. Not literally. That happens in November.

At first they were both napping separately with their faces to the wall. Impossible to photograph really, except for their spots. Bummer. On a whim, I decided I would check back before leaving for the day. And I'm so glad I did!

Isn't he just so adorably Bambi cute? They are sweet when they are not running across the road in front of our vehicle!

What a fawn-tastic day! Normally, I see one "dear" at work. Today I got to see two!

Can't beat that for foto fun.

1 comment: