Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cinco de Scrapbook

My day was so full, it might just be easiest to show you the day in pictures! My Saturday Scrapbook, if you will. Or, in today's case, my Cinco de Scrapbook.

First my weird photo op of the day. Deer crossing Deer Road! They were prancing around so long I actually had time to get out my camera (while sitting there, not driving). A different kind of drive-by "shooting."

Today was my first race of the "season" and it wouldn't be complete without the Desperate Housewives of Blue Jay Drive. Cindy and Niki are already on their third run this year so I'm glad I got to join them finally! This was the Jigsaw Run for Autism around nearby Lake Wazeecha.

The fun of the day was having my one and only brother Ron race with me. And when I say "with me" I mean we stayed together the whole way. Since he is just returning to running and I sort of am, too, we had planned to run 5 minutes, walk 1, run 5, etc. around the lake. But we actually got on a pace to run for 7 minutes, then walk.
This helped us store up just enough energy to finish strong!! And, more importantly, together. What fun!

We were actually pretty pleased with our time for a 6K (3.7 miles) race. And we both felt fine afterwards. Let's not worry about tomorrow right now.

The fun continued later when we had a little family birthday party for Carter. Ron and the Austin side of the family enjoyed some Angry Birds cake and ice cream.

Carter got to open a few more presents -- mainly cards with cha-chang -- so he was happy. He's getting to look grown up, isn't he?
Since it was his birthday party, we said he could choose where we went to eat. So we took Ron down to the Lure Bar & Grill on Lake Petenwell. It poured rain the whole way, but after we ate, the sun came out as it was setting so got some pictures along the shore.
Perfect timing! And while it was too cloudy to see the Super Moon tonight, at least we got these photos.

Me trying to be creative without laying in the wet grass to do it. Ha.

"I'm a ROCK star!" Carter found a not-so-small rock for his collection. Oh boy.

Nothing ends a day better than a sunset with my sweetie!

That and a stop for ice cream on the way home. (Of course!)

No comments: