Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Randomness Run Rampant

None of my thoughts are even remotely connected today. It's sort of an ADD Hump Day...

For Your Enjoy-MINT: Here's a picture of the graduation mints I made. You can't really see the detail on the diploma in the photo, but that's what the mints look like. Not that big so you really can't eat just one!


Lovely Lilacs: I just love the smell of lilacs! Normally, I have to steal some from the neighbors but this year, the lilac bush on the property line is blooming nicely. So I can take some flowers from "our" side and fill the house up with that lovely lilac fragrance! Combine it with the freshly cut grass and it's heaven. (See, I'm not high maintenance at all!)

Magnetic Attraction: Sometimes weird things happen at work and you just have to go with it. Today, a friend showed me her fancy fingernails. She said it was "magnetic nail polish." Say what?? Sure enough, another co-worker brought it to work. I went to her desk and jokingly asked for a manicure -- and got one. This doesn't happen every day, that's for sure. Anyway, you put this magnetic polish on one nail, then hold this special magnet with a design on it (note the stripes) over the nail and it takes on that design. But it is smooth, not ridged. Then you move onto the next nail and repeat. Is that not the coolest thing? Naturally, I got the website link and ordered my own on Amazon right away. Six colors and the magnet with 3 designs. How could I not? (And no, I'm still not high maintenance!)

Shady Character: As long as I was shopping on Amazon, I ordered 2 more things -- something for hubby for Father's Day and a book for myself. Remember how I bought into the hype of the Hunger Games trilogy and it turned out I enjoyed the books, too? Well, sometime next week an unmarked brown package will appear on my doorstep with 50 Shades of Grey inside. Forgive me for falling victim to the hype again, but my curiosity is killing me. And who knew -- this is a trilogy, too? I only ordered Book One, I swear, and I'm sure that's all I'll need, er, read.

See, I really am not high maintenance. I'm just plain wicked!

2 comments:

Rayna Delaney said...

Ol' Jimbo better watch out.... sweets in the tummy (your mints); wife with magnetic nails and personality AND reading the "Shades" book! TMI :)

Robyn Austin said...

TMI indeed!