Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Too-sday

With the holiday weekend, it felt like a Monday today. There was so much going on -- just too much to do, so it's fitting that it was actually Too-sday.

Just got home about half an hour ago for the first time today. And now it's bed time already so a quick synopsis.

Work was busy. Since hubby has all week off and I don't, I am trying to squeeze 5 days of work into 3 days and take Friday off. That way we can have one day off together. We'll see how it goes.

After work, I met Jim and Carter at the girls softball regional game in Port Edwards. Watched a bit in the cold wind (Assumption was kicking butt) and then I took Carter and Brandon (a teammate) to the 6 p.m. tournament team practice at Mead Field in Rapids.

Since practice was going to last almost 2 hours, I had time to walk a bag of books I borrowed over to Jim's aunt and uncle's place. It's only about 6 or 7 blocks away so not a big deal. I ended up invading their privacy for an hour and walked back to the field ... with a "new" bag of books. Ha. Vicious cycle! Was a nice visit, though! (Plus, I got some steps.)

Since it was 7:30 and I hadn't eaten since noon, I broke down and bought a burger at the ballpark. Because you know I'll only eat another 49 of those this summer!!! Oh well. I was hungry.

After practice, I took the boys over to Witter Field so we could watch the Assumption boys in their regional, also against Port Edwards. I delivered Brandon to his parents and told Jim and Carter I was leaving and they could ride home together. Some of us have to work in the morning.

I hope Wednesday doesn't turn out to be too much!

No comments: