Thursday, May 17, 2012

Garden Variety

It's not that Carter and I are in some sort of competition to see who gets better nature photos in our backyard. But we sort of are. Ha. Here's a garden variety of recent photos from our non-garden areas...

This isn't what I had in mind when I wanted to see the Chippendales for Mother's Day. Not sure if this is Chip or Dale.
(Photo by Carter; rest by Robyn)
This is about the only flower / plant I haven't killed since we moved out to the "country" 10 years ago. Purple power prevails!
When the red, red robin comes bob-bob-bobbin' along...


Honeysuckles bring back memories of walks in the woods as a child. When we'd come upon honeysuckles, we'd tear the little red "bulbs" off the ends and eat them. They were sweet and, I guess, non-poisonous. Good thing.
Now I see who enjoys the other end of the flower!

Different angle. Kind of cool.
Wedding bells? They are really tiny, but pretty.

And here is the other plant I managed not to kill. Yet. Pretty in pink!
Knee deep in pollination.

My favorite photo of the day... A chance of ice cream on Saturday?? Now that's MY kind of forecast!

2 comments:

Rayna Delaney said...

Gol dang Bynski! You put me to shame .... what awesome photos!

Robyn Austin said...

C'mon, Rayna -- you know I'm just trying to be like you! You inspire me!