Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Gleekin' Out

They appropriately call us geeks who watch Glee, "Gleeks." And I'm proud to be one.

Today we Gleeks counted down to tonight's 2-hour special, knowing it soon will be a long summer without Rachel, Finn, Puck and the rest of New Directions. For me, it was also an excuse to get together with my friend Christine -- who I do not see enough of -- and well, Gleek out!

Since Carter had back-to-back baseball practices tonight -- one for school and one for tournament team -- I felt no guilt leaving the house and going to McKinley High Headquarters (Christine's house). I even did laundry and took the garbage out before I left... just to make sure I wouldn't feel any guilt sitting on a couch for 2 hours, with guaranteed girl talk during commercials.

We also got Dancing with the Stars updates from an anonymous source upstairs. Packer fans are pulling for Donald Driver. Personally, I've never watched the show and that did not entice me to start. Just sayin'.

Back to Glee...

It was good to spend time with a friend and good to see the show (spoiler alert) have a happy ending for Season 3. Now we can hash out the details for 3 months and predict story lines for Season 4.

On the plus side, we don't have to wait for the next episode to see each other again. We've got plans in the works that probably involve more baseballs and burgers than singing and dancing. Not that there's anything wrong that.

For Gleeks anyway.

No comments: