Friday, October 9, 2015

Eating Machines



There was a time when Carter and I could split a pizza and sometimes there was even a piece or two left over for Dad.

Times change. Now there might be one or two pieces left after the teenager dives into it on his own. Or none.

Jim is in La Crosse watching our nephew Colin race as part of Oktoberfest Race Weekend. I couldn't get the afternoon off so decided to take advantage of a free night. On my way home from work, I picked up some Jack's pizzas – they were on super sale for $1.99 each AND Carter eats them, so why not? Got home and one of his cross country buddies was over so I knew one pizza would not be enough. After the first one was done, I put another one in the pizza oven right away. After giving that to them, I went next door to visit awhile.

Later I texted asking if there was any pizza left for me and Carter said, "No. Sorry." Wow, they each ate a whole pizza? Teenage boys are definitely eating machines!

And I guess mothers of teenage boys are, too...


Check out my lunch today! That cute little "Slider" from Arby's is so small that it makes the medium Pumpkin Cheesecake Shake look monster-sized. It sort of was, in terms of calories anyway. My co-worker and fitness buddy looked up the "nutritional" value online.

Not so nutritious. Let me put it this way. If I ate half a pizza it would still be fewer calories than that tasty shake! Pretty scary, huh? I guess that's why it tasted so good. I probably won't get another one, though. For roughly the same nutritional value, I would prefer the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard at Dairy Queen.

Either way I better set my alarm for my exercise class in the a.m. Just in case I need to do some taste comparisons tomorrow ... while proving those teenage eating machines have nothing on me.

Hey, we gotta stick with what we're good at, right?




No comments: