Friday, October 23, 2015

Off the Grid

In the heart of Amish country in southeastern Minnesota we've had some sporadic cyber coverage. I really am off the grid! So I wasn't able to blog last night, not that I'd share much about sister weekend anyway. But today we have a special exception.

It's cross country sectional day!

The Royal runners traveled up to Edgar area to compete. For a sectional, the top 2 teams advance to state and the first 5 individuals not on one those two teams also advance to state.

Carter was to serve as alternate but when one of our runners had an injured foot,  he was called on to run! Felt pretty guilty then that I wasn't there but I got regular updates from Jim and 2 moms. What did they have to report?


First of all that Connor, one of juniors, was the first to cross the finish line! Then, drum roll, please... our boys TEAM took first, too! Onto state for the second year in a row!

And, as a side note,  Carter got a PR for the season. So proud of all them for keeping their mission in mind, despite occasional injury and illness and, today, rain! Way to go! So excited and so bummed I wasn't there but I can still go to state next Saturday -- just down the road at The Ridges, ha.

Not sure if they'll need Carter then, but we'll make the trek for the team!

I also missed our football playoff game tonight where the Royals lost to Athens by 3 points. The whole team, seniors especially, have so much to be proud of.

We've got a lot of reasons at AHS to be proud parents!



No comments: