Sunday, October 11, 2015

Summer in Whoville


Initially, this was supposed to be our WHO weekend in Minneapolis. Several months ago we purchased tickets to see The Who on Oct. 10, meeting up with our friends Pete and Dawn, who would fly in from Denver to see us... and the concert, of course.

Last month, when singer Roger Daltrey came down with some sort of virus, they had to postpone this "final" tour. Since then, we have learned that it will now be May 1, 2016... A Sunday rather than Saturday and, coincidentally, Carter's 18th birthday. We'll have to celebrate the day before!

The change in plans meant our friends had to cancel their flight and all of us had to cancel our hotel reservations. As a bonus, though, we suddenly had a "free" day on the calendar today. And what a perfectly summer day to not have to be in the car 3 hours from Minneapolis and have a bye week so I was not tied to watching football on TV.

It was a long day.

Without an alarm and not enough sleep, I miraculously got up for 8 o'clock church. Ran some errands to library and post office after church, then came home and did my Saturday chores, plus some laundry and extra "fall cleaning" with all the windows open.

Could not believe it was nearly 80 degrees! This quite likely was the last day of summer, according to the cringe-worthy 10-day forecast.

To enjoy it, I took a walk with my neighbor Cindy – multi-tasking exercise and tanning, ha – and then bonded with deck chairs a bit. After that, I tackled several projects (indoors, unfortunately) for a church committee, a freelance project and a start, just a start, at tackling my Scrap Cave / Office. Now that it got dark so early, I have already lost steam on that one.

I think I'll save it for a rainy day. And believe me, they will be here soon enough. (Insert sad, sad face!)




No comments: