Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Great Scott!


As Doc Brown would say: "Great Scott! We are back to the future!"

Yup, if you are a fan of the Back to the Future movie trilogy like I am, you've had the date Oct. 21, 2015, rattling around in the back of your mind for decades. Would our life in 2015 really be like they portrayed it in the movie when it was so far off in the future? And do you realize now that everything included in that movie is now in the past? Weird.

We don't exactly have self-lacing Nikes or cruise around on hover boards, but I know the Cubs fans were hoping for the fictionally predicted World Series win. As I type this, it looks like they probably won't even get in! Sorry.

I got a text today about something I never would have predicted to hear on Oct. 21, 2015. King Cone is officially coming to Wisconsin Rapids in 2016. I know I previously reported this based on word from a reliable source, but I had to take a field trip at lunch to validate the rumor.

Oh yes, they have a sign up on the inside of the doors and a freshly paved parking lot. This is real, folks! That made my day almost as much as the knowledge that Sister Weekend is merely hours away now.

For locals, it will be located on the southeast corner of 16th and Grand, right across the street from the old Herschleb's Ice Cream Parlor that went out of business some 10 years ago and never recovered. King Cone should make it, based on my patronage alone! The location will be a convenient turnoff for people traveling through Rapids on the expressway/bypass. And convenient for those of us who now work in that neck of the woods. Ha.

Convenient AND dangerous for those who lack willpower. Not naming any names, but she is typing this.

Either way, I think I see a dream job in my future! I'll have to check with Doc to see if he can make that happen.

Great Scott! That would be sweet!




No comments: