Saturday, October 3, 2015

Senior Moments :: Last Homecoming

Pardon me if I am not making sense here. It has been an extra-long day. Got up for early exercise class, came home to bake a dessert for a neighborhood party this afternono, then went to school to help decorate for tonight's homecoming dance.

The decorations were amazing. Those I will have wait a day to share (if I plan on getting any decent sleep tonight). While I was decorating, Jim took Carter shopping since we were "informed" this morning he needed a new pair of black pants and a tie for the dance. Wow. Good thing we thrive on deadline!

After decorating, I came home and made a quick apple-snicker salad for the party and then it was picture time. We met a few other couples from Carter's class for photographs at the Wisconsin State Firefighters Memorial park in town.

Here is Carter and his date Hannah. Just friends.

Some unique items in the park, including this old phone booth, which happened to match their outfits.

The bridge is a standard pose but so hard to get everyone smiling when there are at least a half-dozen cameras pointed at them.

Carter and his best buddies, Nick (left) and Kassidy.

Carter and his other favorite people. Hahaha. After pictures, the group headed to a restaurant in Plover and we headed back home for fun of our own.

This is what a neighborhood fish boil looks like.

And looks like this, too, when it calms down. We all brought goodies to go with the fish. Great food and fun all around. Had to get back to school a few hours later for the Grand March.

Jim's sister and mom were both there to watch. Afterward, I made sure to get a picture of the cross country team. Then it was off to Ida's Bar & Grill with a few other senior parents.

Even though we got home by midnight, I am feeling my age. How did we manage the younger years when our boy was too young to drive and needed a ride home at midnight? I don't think I can stay awake another minute no matter how good the DJ music is.

Hope Carter is at least having a ball!


No comments: