Monday, October 12, 2015

The X-Files

Thanks to the electronic age, there is not as much need to save paper materials for filing. Of course, you couldn't tell that by looking at my Scrap Cave / Office / Oh My God Room. But for the most part it is the norm at the office.

So what do I do with a tall 4-drawer filing cabinet next to my desk? Fill it with X files... not to be confused with the supernatural television show. It's all earthly, so far.

I kept the top drawer filled with empty folders I may fill some day. The second drawer is filled with my source of X-iliration...


I shouldn't say it is full. It just has a decent supply of K-Cups and Coke Zero. Yes, we have a Keurig AND a dorm-sized fridge in our department. Yes, I am spoiled at times.

The third drawer down is for X-citement...


No, this is not filled with booze or brownies from Colorado. As the self-proclaimed Birthday Fairy, I need a place to stash my crepe paper streamers and balloons. Don't worry, the treats I bring are fresh!

The bottom drawer, my latest addition, is for X-ercise...


Thanks to a screamin' deal at ShopKo last week, I now have a pair of running shoes at work. Granted, I will only use them for walking, but they are there for motivation. In fact, I have already used them twice! Now I just need to get some industrial odor eaters so the shoe smell doesn't rise up to the party or caffeine drawers.

That would be an X-tremely unfortunate event!


No comments: