Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Mint Musings


I know it SEEMs like I love everything Pumpkin Spice, but I should remind you that Mint is also nice!

Funny that every time people see a recipe for something chocolate and minty, they share it with me on Facebook. And I'm like, "I don't want to MAKE it, I just want to EAT it. Will YOU make it and share it?" The Andes Mint Chocolate Bark pictured made me think of a few other "mints" today...

Commit-MINT: I have tried to stick with my kick boxing and eating healthy routine but boy, when I blow it, I blow it big. I can't even blame mint, but I can blame chocolate... to start with. A co-worker brought in German Chocolate Caramel Bars yesterday. Oh. Wow. Then we had a catered lunch and there were Pumpkin Bars. Yummers. Oh we have leftovers? OK. I'll take another one back to my desk. After work I was so mad at my lack of willpower that I had to eat the last Magnum ice cream bar just to get the goodies out of the house! Good grief, I had so much sugar in my system, it is amazing I slept last night. My inconsistent commitment returned today, though. Water, water, water... and lots of steps walking to the restroom!

Bewilder-MINT: I was on a deadline last night and tonight so was unable to watch The Voice. Carter was on the couch while it was tuned into that channel last night.
  • Me (walking through living room): "Don't tell me who wins this battle because I am DVRing it."
  • Carter (5 minutes later in my office): "OK, I won't tell you who won the battle but somebody got saved anyway."
Say what?! If you watch The Voice you know I deserved a "spoiler alert" there! Apparently a lost art.

Postpone-MINT: Due to the aforementioned deadline, I still haven't gotten anything together for Wild Women's Weekend. I did get as far as writing down the address and looking it up on Google Maps. So now I know how to get there. I just don't know what I'm bringing with me!

Nourish-MINT: OK, I know I said we are "almost" done with Carter's school fundraisers, but I forgot about the fall Butter Braid sale! If interested in ordering one of these "thaw, bake and enjoy" tasty pastries, let me know. Available flavors are Apple, Blueberry & Cream Cheese, Caramel Rolls, Cherry, Cinnamon, Cream Cheese, Raspberry, and Strawberry & Cream Cheese. They are $12 each. Checks can be made to Assumption Catholic Schools. Orders are due Oct. 30 and they will be delivered Nov. 10. No pressure. Just don't want you to miss out if you find as much enjoy-MINT in these as we do!

Pun-ish-MINT: I better log off before I over-pun you. Don't want my blog to be a disappoint-MINT!



No comments: