Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Special Exceptions


Looking back at my "blog roll," I see that I am about 10 blog posts per year shy of being a daily blogger. There are special exceptions.

Usually, about 90% of those involve being somewhere out in the sticks beyond the reaches of CyberSpace. I never use the excuse that I have nothing to blog about. As a reader, you know that is typically the case. (And thanks for hanging in there anyway!)

Occasionally, though, I am just too stinkin' tired. And my hubby reminds me, "The sun will still rise if you don't blog." And I go to bed.

After work yesterday, I had another 8-hour shift working on a deadline for a freelance project. I love doing them but not when I find myself trying to be creative at 2 a.m. Needless to say, I was lucky to be making sense for the client. I wasn't going to push it and try to inspire my non-paying readers. Ha.

Jim asked me this morning, "Don't you just have a back-up blog on file that you can use for occasions like this?" No. I don't. But it's a good plan.

And it reminded me of my day as a "special exception" last week. Lost in all the homecoming news and television appearances, I didn't get a chance to share that I was held hostage at Lambeau Field for a whole day last Wednesday. The horror!


Besides selling Green and Gag paraphernalia and tasty cheese curds, Lambeau is an event facility with conference rooms of varying sizes. My co-worker (a Cowboys fan) and I sat in a room that offered a glimpse of the field. We know people would be jealous of us just being there, but the meaning was lost on us. Just another day at the office.

In fact, as non-Packer fans we had to enter a special gate...


Oh yes, I am a special Exception with a capital E! OK. They really did let us in the regular doors, but something drew me to that sign!

And no, I am NOT going to be the special exception who is a lifelong Vikings fan and converts to Nice Facility Fandom. Don't get your hopes up. If you are nice, though, I have a Lambeau pen and pad of paper to raffle off. Can't have that in my house.

No exceptions.


No comments: