Friday, February 17, 2017

55 and Over Club


There are some perks to being over 55. And I'm not talking about AARP cards and retirement villages. I mean the outside temperature.

Today, when we had hopes of reaching the half-century mark, Mother Nature surpassed our expectations and pushed it to the 55 limit. And it was glorious.

Took a walk break for lunch and by the end of it, I had my sweatshirt off and was walking in short sleeves. We may be a little brainwashed after winter in Wisconsin, but I was seriously looking for Mr. Deck Chair! Took another walk in the later afternoon because, well, who knows when the weather will be this perfect mix of sunshine and spring warmth again? That time I left the sweatshirt at my desk and was plenty warm in my T-shirt.

Only in Wisconsin (and Minnesota) does belonging to the 55 and over club bring so much joy!

In fact, when we went out for fish fries with our friends Mike and Cindy, it almost seemed logical that we go kayaking first. Did I mention we are brainwashed in Wisconsin?

Can't wait for to paddle again and fully realize it is a long way off. I'll just enjoy this brief intermission and hope Ol' Man Winter also has been brainwashed... into thinking he should go home.

No one under 55 allowed, mister.


No comments: