Sunday, February 12, 2017

Stiff Breeze

You know it's windy when the flag unfurls to a full salute mode. And stays that way.

Despite the sunshine and supposedly mild temperatures today, there were up to 40 mph gusts of wind that created a nice little wind chill. Had to be sure I captured a picture of one of the ginormous flags in town on my way home from church.

It pretty much stayed in the over-starched position like it was hanging on the wall. Nice to look at. But not necessarily nice to be outside.

I was glad we went snowshoeing yesterday. Probably could have handled that and/or a run today but instead was cooped up in my office. All. Stinking. Day.

Had some work to do on a few projects, then had lots of prep work to do for my upcoming scrapbooking weekend. Just 2 weeks to Camp Crop-A-Lot!

I've got the pictures printed for wrapping up Carter's senior year album. Just needed to add baccalaureate, graduation and the party and it's done. Then I will switch gears to my chronological family albums. Before I got focused on doing ALL of Carter's school albums, I had completed scrapbooks for 1998-2011. I was nearly halfway through my 2012 album when I switched gears. Now I can go back to that one at camp.

Took me awhile to locate the "stuff" for that year. I knew I had it all together in one place. Just had to find that one place. Whew. Glad I did. Most of it was organized with pictures in order. But I had more for that fall and winter to get printed out and set.

Came across this picture from my dad's 85th birthday in October of 2012. It dawned on me that this was the last picture of the three of us with dad since he died the following spring. If that didn't turn on the tears!

It was a good reminder that I am justified in the time and attention I give to my scrapbooks. I want to look at "old" pictures now and years down the road so I can laugh or cry or maybe both.

I should have known I'd be thinking of Dad at some point today. He was probably behind that stiff breeze that kept the flags at attention. Oh how he loved and respected that flag! Sure makes me miss him like crazy.

Be thankful for warm hugs from loved ones on a wind-chilly day.

No comments: