Saturday, February 18, 2017

Pre-Spring Thaw

Has the spring thaw hit? Yes, it's short-sleeves weather and you probably opened the windows today. But "Spring" during Valentine's week? It's fun to wish, that's for sure.

Today was definitely part one of the pre-spring thaw. No, it did not melt that much here. The photo above belongs to my sister Renell who is ready to plant flowers in Minnesota.


Meanwhile in central Wisconsin we're like, flowers? Grass? What does that look like again? Crazy what a difference location makes. Apparently Wisconsin Rapids is in the heart of a "snow belt" because friends and family Up North and down south (near Milwaukee) do not have snow like we do.

It did melt some today. I saw more patches of brown grass starting to show in the back yard. But the front looks pretty much the same. It was still nice enough to get out for a run and enjoy a quick fire at the neighbor's.


Was excited on my walk back that the snow melted at the edge of my rock garden just enough for a solar light to see the light of day again!

Mr. Deck Chair, however, is not quite ready to come out of hibernation. We'll see how the next few days play out. It's still February, I know, but that's what's tempting me.

I've got pre-Spring Fever. And I've got it bad!

No comments: