Friday, February 3, 2017

Fried-Day


If you ever wonder why my blogs are incoherent by the end of the week, this is it.

My mind is fried.

Some lack of sleep combined with work stress and a touch of sitting on my ass too much equals cranky.

I was relieved when the proverbial 5 o'clock whistle blew, signaling the end of the work week. Hubby and I went to a "good luck" party for a friend having an important surgery on Monday. Then we went to the Assumption girls basketball game, where the lady Royals soundly – very, very, very soundly – beat Pittsville, 73-14.

Nope. Not a typo.

The good thing about a runaway game is that you don't have to pay super-close attention and you have a chance to chat with girlfriends!

It would seem the next time the contents of the junk drawer in my mind start bouncing around, the solution for some serenity is quality time with friends and loved ones.

And a nice warm bed to crawl into by 10 p.m. on a Friday night.

Noted.


No comments: