Thursday, February 2, 2017

Shadow Dancing


I don't always put faith in a rodent to predict climate change. But when I do, the rodent is Punxsutawney Phil and it's Groundhog Day.

Logically, it's a scam. Look at the calendar on February 2 and spring is ALWAYS just a hair over 6 weeks away. We always hold out hope, though, that Phil will venture out and the back in his hibernation cave without a shadow in sight. Unfortunately, even on cloudy, sleeting or snowing days, Phil almost always sees his shadow!

Today was the same. So yep, no early spring. Though it is definitely on the mind!

I was thinking that while those furry forecasters were chasing their shadows, I am looking forward to seeing these types of shadows. A sure sign of SPRING!


Assumption baseball...


and Assumption softball!

And despite what the buck-toothed rat says, spring must be much closer than March 20 because there are Royal blue words on the calendar on Sundays in February that indicate "open hit" time at the batting cage! Bring it!

In the meantime, I will enjoy the quick-moving shadows on the basketball court as our Royals finish strong this month. The boys lost a nail-biter by 2 points versus Amherst tonight. Girls play tomorrow night and Saturday.

Then Sunday, well, that's special. It's super, even. We'll be sitting behind the Badgers bench hoping for a lucky day for Bucky! Look for us on TV. Noon tip-off. We'll be the ones in red.

Yeah, I know. Time for me to log off and go back into my cave to hibernate. Just 6 more weeks of me complaining about winter!

No comments: