Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Feeling the Love

Tom Cruise said it best as Jerry Maguire, but give hubby props for his romantic side...


I'm kidding. He did not give me this for Valentine's Day. Though I suspect he would have if he had thought of it! And I couldn't fault him for that. I am a complete mess. And he loves me anyway.

Lucky me!

I did feel the love today. Actually yesterday. First, I got a package at work – a red rose preserved and dipped in gold. That's one way for Jim's flowers to last!

Later, when I got home and picked up the mail, there was a handmade card from my mother.


She decided to paint them this year, but made it clear she was only making them for her 8 kids (no grandkids) or she'd never get them in the mail. You can tell where I get my creativity from, right? And that penmanship... It does not look like the cursive of a woman about to turn 85. She's amazing.

It was our first Valentine's Day without Carter in the house. So that was weird. Like my mother, I had to mail his greetings. Actually I was shipping a package anyway with a few things he needed. So I sneaked a valentine and chocolate and, naturally, some cold cash. Nothing says love like that.

Since my nephew Tony is underfoot, he got a sweet treat, too. Hoping he is willing to share some of his peanut butter cup hearts... That would be a loving thing to do!

For a Tuesday, I am having a romantic evening. Jim was gone bowling and Tony is out of the house on a date. So it's just me, my recliner and the remote. Oh, and did you know there is a new Hallmark movie on just for Valentine's Day? And, since it's Tuesday, my favorite show This Is Is is on, too.

Feeling the love.

No comments: